Thursday, February 28, 2013

General Tsao Chicken Thighs

As I near my due date, I find myself way too exhausted to really cook a lot of from scratch meals. I've been focusing on cooking quick, but still healthy, meals. This chicken recipe was very simple and didn't require a lot of kitchen time. We had some steamed brown fried rice and sliced fresh pineapple with this dish. YUM!

General Tsao Chicken Thighs
Adapted by: http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2010/04/general-tsao-chicken-with-brown-rice.html

Ingredients
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat removed
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Trader Joe's General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce

Directions
-In a skillet over medium heat, add oil.
-Season chicken thighs and place in hot skillet.
-Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
-Add sauce to pan and cook for 1 minute on lower heat. Use as much or as little sauce as you prefer. I would say I used about 3/4 - 1 cup.
-Remove from heat and serve warm.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Herbal Treatment for Hernia pain relief but especially effective when coping with a sports hernia. Herbal Supplement pain reliever when one is suffering from a hernia.

    ReplyDelete